Pick a certified provider to make sure that the content of your used paper remains confidential. Put recycling bins in strategic locations like near the copier machines. Separate plain white papers from color copies, letterhead, corrugated cardboard boxes, old newspapers, magazines, and catalogs.
How can you recycle paper?
The start of the paper recycling process requires the paper to be separated into types and grades. The paper is then washed to remove any film, glue, ink and other contaminants using soapy water. Once washed the paper is then transfered to a large container, where it is mixed with water to create a pulp.
How can we recycle in the workplace?
Reduce waste in manufacturing
Reuse any waste you produce until it no longer has any value and then recycle the materials. Use recycled materials where possible. Reuse your own packaging to create new packaging or in other areas of your business. Reduce your use of raw materials or use them more efficiently.
How can recycling be improved in the workplace?
Here are some tips for promoting recycling in your workplace:
- Create an upcycling station. A big part of recycling is finding ways to reuse goods that still work but are no longer needed. …
- Position recycling bins effectively. …
- Publicise recycling efforts. …
- Keen to start a workplace recycling program?
How can we increase recycling in the office?
1. Paper and cardboard. Did you know that every tonne of recycled paper saves you 17 trees?
- Set your printer to double-sided printing.
- Accumulate a pile of scrap paper to use for admin purposes.
- Place an appropriate amount of recycling bins under desks and around the office, depending on how big your office space is.
Why should my office recycle?
Business recycling programs are an important part of ensuring a better future for the coming generations. Increasing the amount of office waste that we recycle can benefit the environment in multiple ways (including reducing landfill, energy consumption, and raw material requirements) as well as saving companies money.